Before starting I would like to define “rebranding”. It can be a simple brand refresh or also a marketing strategy in which a new brand personality is created, from redefining a name, logo, concept or the combination of any of the previous elements, in order to develop a new concept of an already existing brand.
Many people start their business empirically, whether they join 2 or 3 friends or relatives who handle a specific subject, create a process, product or service, specialize in it and when they are about to formalize the project, they evaluate an image that goes with it or can represent their business.
A few months ago we celebrated our twelfth anniversary of foundation, so we want you to know a little more about the journey we have had spicing up brands.
Today we live with uncertainty, anguish, fear, but in the end, there is something we all have and that is, hope. Hope, that surely something better will come. Hope that if I am an entrepreneur that grows in the midst of a crisis; and I am selling, I will do well! Hope for work, hope for economic growth, hope that everything will end, etc.
The best ideas always emerge in times of crisis, whether economic, global or even personal crises due to job loss, etc. However, not all projects are successful, according to Entrepreneur magazine, approximately 75% of startups that are created each year do not reach 2 years of life, of the remaining 25% only a small percentage manage to reach the fifth year.
Over time there have been many changes in making brands more attractive to their consumers. Previously, brands did not care about the customers or sympathize with them, their objective was only to sell. Then they realized that in order to sell more they had to be a little friendlier and made some adjustments to be more attractive and reach new targets.
I want to share 5 important questions that we must ask ourselves when developing a brand; but first, we must understand the concept of "branding". Branding is a process that involves analyzing, understanding, creating, differentiating, standardizing and executing to generate a solid brand, strengthening it over time.
The COVID-19 crisis has transformed the reality in which we lived, taking everyone by surprise and changing the way of selling, because the quarantine was not expected to last for so long. It is important to emphasize that the longer the isolation lasts, the greater the economic impact and above all, the change on the behavior of consumers towards brands. Many businesses have been affected by the decrease in their sales, the stop on their operations and even others have been forced to close permanently. Therefore, the importance of knowing how to reinvent your business; and that is precisely what we share with you in this article.
In times of crisis, the human being takes out the best of themselves. This is because of the phrase: “Necessity is the mother of invention”. In our country (El Salvador) we can see that there have been some difficult times, such as the time of the Civil War, which ended in January 1992.
Today, companies must innovate with their products because the market is evolving every day as needed. Today, many people look for convenience, because time is short and what they really need are quality products that are functional and practical. There are others seeking the same product with renewed your items such as flavors, sizes that are dietary, gluten-free, etc. All this is what the market wants, and here is where we start.
We are already in 2020 and as every year, we must investigate and be aware of the marketing trends that are in force and will be used more frequently to be as prepared as possible for any adversity.
Currently when we talk about marketing a product, the packaging has a primary role and not only must be functional, but it must also be visually appealing to the consumer and generate a desire for purchase. In addition to being sustainable and even patentable.